Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cubing It

In the midst of all my (minor) illness, I forgot that I promised to post that my daughter actually solved the 2 x 2 version of the Rubik's Cube.



She was quite proud of this.  I have to say, I really never got into the whole cubing thing.  I could generally get one side and a bunch of stripes in order but then something would always go wrong as I tried to get the last pieces in place.  I probably should have just read a book on the best strategies, but I never cared quite enough to really work at it.

Anyway, I was recently at a high school open house and one boy was asking if the school had a cubing club.  Sort of hard to believe this is becoming a mini-fad all over again.  Though I also ran across an adult who admitted to playing D & D, which I thought was dead and buried.  I guess you never know what people get up to in their spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment