Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Progress - early Feb.

I have definitely been remiss in not writing down any number of things that belong on the blog, but I have been busy, and it just hasn't been my highest priority.

It's still quite cold out and generally a bit unpleasant.  It might not be so bad if we didn't need boots, but there is just enough ice on the sidewalks (particularly in residential areas) that we just can't get away with regular shoes.  It looks like the weekend might warm up just a bit, though I don't think the snow and ice will melt.

I didn't really want to go, but I did manage to make it to the gym today.  I basically only forced myself since I had promised to go pick up another bag of road salt as we were running low.  Under any circumstances carrying the 10 kg bag would have been a challenge, but after a relatively heavy workout, it was murder on my arms.  I don't want to get too hung up on numbers or progress, but I had thought I had noticed a bit of an improvement (probably more to finally getting serious about eating better at work than anything else), and it does look like I have lost 5 pounds, though I have a long way to go still.  Nonetheless, if I can maintain and even lose a bit of weight, even in the dead of winter when I am hesitant to go to the gym, then things should be looking up in the spring.

I did a bit more on the quilt, though I ran into a bit of a snag where one strip is too short, so I'll need to try to fix that.

Finally, I put in another hour on editing the script for the Fringe.  I clearly need to focus on that more, but it is a bit too late to get to it tonight.  At this point I need the sleep more, so let's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment