Sunday, May 19, 2019

Good Timing

I ended up shaking things up a bit, but I managed to get pretty much everything I wanted to get done, so that was a good day.  Around 10 I decided I probably ought to go to the walk-in clinic first rather than going to the gym right away.

The weather was nicer than I expected, so that was a pleasant surprise.  I got to the clinic around 11.  It took about 30 minutes waiting to see a doctor.  His cough was just about as bad as mine, so I felt a bit foolish.  However, he did listen to my lungs and said there didn't seem to be any fluid built up in there.  The cough will probably just go away on its own, though he did prescribe an inhaler I could use.

Since it was still pretty nice out, I headed over to Robarts to pick up another book on the suburbanization of Toronto.  I also saw the last remnants of the cherry trees in blossom (a bit hard to make out in the photo).


I had to hustle back to the station.  I think I managed to get back inside the two hour transfer window, but I may have missed it by a minute or two.  I guess I can check tomorrow.  Perhaps I should have skipped the cherry trees...

Anyway, after getting home and grabbing lunch, I went over to the mall.  I did get a decent workout in, then grabbed a few groceries, then bought a clematis at Home Depot.  I don't often wrap up my workout with the mall still open, so that was a nice change.

It was a bit overcast when I got home, but I went out and did a bit more weeding and I planted the clematis and a rose bush I bought the other day.  (You can also see the remains of the dead rose bush which I dug out to make space for the new one.)


I then went to the back and planted some milkweed seeds.  I am not too fussed about whether this comes up or not, but it would be nice to try to help out the butterflies.  Just as I was wrapping all this up, it started to rain, so I didn't even need to do any watering today.  I'll probably get a bit more fertilizer and read up on what else I need to do to keep the rose bush and the clematis alive.  I then managed to get laundry started during dinner.

So that was my long and fairly productive Sunday.*  It looks like the Raptors are going to just eke out a win.  (As much as I would like them to go all the way, it's pretty hard to see them getting past the Bucks...)  I might do a bit more reading, since I haven't quite gotten through the Musil yet, and perhaps I can even sleep in a bit tomorrow.

* Oh, I also helped my son get his bike out of storage and pumped up the tires a bit.  It should still go into the shop for a tune-up, but this is good enough for now.  Yes, a very busy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment