Saturday, July 10, 2021

Missing Teds

While it isn't that surprising that I missed an episode or two of Monty Python, it's a bit harder to fathom how I might have skipped over The Anniversary on the Fawlty Towers set, but that seems to be the case. As for Father Ted, I don't recall him and Douglas boxing themselves up at the end of Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep.  More surprisingly I don't recall anything of The Mainland or even Speed 3 (one of the more famous episodes).  I think I would absolutely have remembered Father Ted giving mass on a moving float!  Anyway, we have 3 episodes left, which we should wrap up next week.

I was watching some of the extras this time around, and the writers were saying they would have resisted making a fourth series, even if Dermot Morgan hadn't died immediately at the end of filming season 3, saying that they thought they would have started repeating themselves.  I can respect that.  It's not as if the characters really grew in any way.  I found that I grew pretty weary of Ardal O'Hanlon's man-child antics in My Hero and bailed on that long before that series limped to an end (with O'Hanlon himself getting bored and leaving his own show!). 

I have never gotten to about half of Black Books season 2 and none of season 3, so we'll start in on Black Books next, followed by The IT Crowd where I have viewing gaps in seasons 3 and 4 (and then just maybe Slings and Arrows).  So plenty to look forward to still! 

No comments:

Post a Comment