Sunday, October 3, 2021

Soggy Weekend (& Week)

It really looks like Toronto has inherited Vancouver's weather, at least for today (Sunday) and the upcoming week.  I definitely don't like riding in the rain, but I did learn to do it in Vancouver (or I wouldn't have ridden three seasons out of the year).  Now the irony is that last Thurs. and Fri. were quite nice, but Thurs. I didn't have to go to work and just did some walking around the neighbourhood.  I could have ridden in to work on Friday, but I was giving a conference talk and needed access to Zoom (and this is still blocked at work due to some outdated risk assessments from early in the pandemic...).  So I really didn't have any choice but to stay home.  

Now I could have ridden more on Saturday, though I did the grocery shopping early, then helped my daughter build a science project, then went to the gym, then looked one more time at the science project.  So it was a fairly busy day overall, and I actually did take a nap in the afternoon, instead of going off to a museum or the library or downtown.  I did end up taking a quick spin down to Queen to pick up dinner, but that was pretty much it.

I felt somewhat desperate for more exercise, so I biked downtown today, despite the rain.  I just hope that going back it isn't too slippery (or dark!).  Anyway, I'm hoping the forecast is wrong and next week we have a few more clear days than they are projecting right now (or even overcast days where it doesn't really rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment