While two and three weekends ago were completely stuffed with Fringe activities, and last weekend was Stratford and next weekend is the funeral in Iowa, I actually don't have all that much on the calendar for this weekend. I think it is likely going to rain, but it doesn't actually look like it will at the moment. Maybe it will wait until tomorrow.
Friday evening I had some spare time, as there really wasn't anything going on that caught my eye at the Rex or Hirut. As the weather was nice, I decided I should hit the AGO again to simplify Sat. afternoon if it was raining hard. I passed through the David Blackwell again quickly, as that is closing soon. Then saw the Enda Tacon exhibit and the Impressionist paintings on loan from Dallas. (The Monet room was still busy but not as packed as before.) I even had time to go into the Infinity Room again.
I managed to get this one work task done pretty quickly, using my "unauthorized" copy of SPSS, since work still can't get around to getting my license activated, so I am using a home version. I still haven't finished my time sheet, but that is a tonight problem... (I have a pretty major CRA thing to deal with as well, but that is also going to have to wait.)
I was up fairly early this morning cleaning up some computer files. I have tried a couple of times to get Disney+ working on Roku again but am pretty close to giving up, esp. as Roku aggressively discourages people from contacting them. What a completely shit company/service provider they are.
I went back to bed for a much needed nap (and much longer than I expected) when I was woken by the house foundations shaking due to Ontario Line construction nearby. I really am going to have to find that number to force them to do an inspection and take some photos, so they will pay for the damages if the house really does crumble due to their digging and tunnelling. Sigh. One more thing I really don't want to have to deal with...
I'm about to go off to the gym. I think after this I will briefly hit the galleries in Yorkville and 401 Richmond, then come back. Depending on how I feel and if it has started raining, I might try to weed the front yard which badly needs it.
Sunday, I plan to go swimming at noon, and then meet a friend at Video Cab to see Our Town. I decided to hold off on getting tickets to see Herbie Hancock at Massey Hall. There are still quite a few left, the last time I checked, so I'll try to get rush tickets and see what those cost. So not exactly a restful weekend, but certainly less crammed than usual...
No comments:
Post a Comment