Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mall Follies

Just made two different visits to Eaton Centre, only a week apart.  I don't actually go to the Eaton Centre all that often, so it is generally always a bit overwhelming.

The first time I had to go with my daughter to have new glasses made.  I was not that happy with the service, since it definitely felt like a lot of bait-and-switch and upselling, which seems unnecessary for children's glasses.  However, it is true that my daughter spends a lot of time in front of screens, so in the end I got the new lens.  But they weren't going to be ready that day.

We went into Old Navy, and I was able to fit into a new pair of jeans, one size down.  They were a bit snug (though all the outdoor work I've done these past few days on the deck seems to have made them fit better).  Basically I need to double down and try to lose another 15-20 pounds, then my t-shirts will definitely fit better.  Another 20-30 pounds beyond that, and I probably can fit into large t-shirts, which is kind of my overall goal.

We made a stop at the food court, then stopped at BMV (outside of the mall proper).  I was hoping to find a specific book (T.C. Boyle's The Road to Wellville).  It wasn't in, but my daughter found a couple of books to keep her occupied.

The next trip was today.  I had heard that the glasses were ready, so I wanted to bring her along to get them adjusted.  It was a quicker trip this time.  Only Lenscrafters and the food court.  It was a fairly efficient trip; I'm happy to not have to go back for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment