Friday, May 13, 2016

Equilibrium?

I was actually going to write about how I had more or less recovered my equilibrium, though I was still feeling badly about missing the art fair.  After all, I had managed to send some good information on to the city planners and had finally managed to get a memo accepted with my policy recommendations intact.  Those are fairly major accomplishments.  Then I found out tonight that on one thing I care about quite a bit, I am being blocked by some very ignorant planners from another agency.  I simply don't have the time or resources to do anything about it at this point, so a whole planning cycle will be lost.  I'll just have to outlast them and outmaneuver them next time (and who knows, get them fired some day for gross incompetence), but it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.  Obviously, I still care about these things a bit too much for my own good, and I still haven't figured out a reasonable way to blow off steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment