Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Quilt Progress, pt. 1

The quilt is starting to shape up nicely.  I pieced together 3 of the full strips.


Then I actually sewed them together.  I decided I would sew from the center of the quilt out.  Indeed, I have almost perfect alignment on the corners of the bottom three or four rows (which are destined to be at the center), but then there are squares that are a bit too long and the pattern slips just a bit.  I'll probably need to use the border to cover up some of the flaws on the edges, but on the whole it still looks nice and the pattern is starting to emerge.


I should be able to get quite a bit done next week, as I have several days off.  Of course, I have slipped in my reading (currently Trollope's massive epic The Way We Live Now), so I'll have to balance my priorities a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment