Saturday, December 16, 2017

No Heat!

I'll keep this short and sweet.  I thought this repair to the furnace would be simple: unsticking some hose that is tied to the high pressure valve.  However, the entire control board needs to be replaced, and this is a two-stage system.  Apparently they don't have as many of these parts in stock, so the part has to be ordered and won't be ready until Monday!  The technician asked if the afternoon was fine, and I have to say I looked at him like he was crazy, and I said, really the morning would be better.  So we will be three nights without heat.  (And needless to say, as the water heater is all tied into this together, we don't have hot water either.)  We do have a gas fireplace which is running (to be honest I don't know how to turn it off when this is all over, but that is the least of my worries) plus a space heater and the heating company left a couple of small room heaters. 

But I'm pretty unhappy (understandably, I think given the circumstances).  Of course it could be worse, since we still have electricity and (cold) running water and the gas fireplace.  Still, I think I'll have to find a few places to go out of the house tomorrow, perhaps the gym again (I went after all) or even work.  I could take the kids to work, and we could hang out for a few hours, so I'll see if they want to do that in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment