Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Missing in Action

I have been somewhat absent from the blog lately.  I am saving up a number of posts, including a review of Evelyn Lau's Fresh Girls and some thoughts on Trollope's The Way We Live Now.  I've basically either been reading (making the final push on the Trollope) or working on a special project at work, which has been particularly interesting to me.  I have not gone to the gym often enough (it didn't help that it got very cold again) nor have I been keeping up with the sewing.  I suppose I will get back track relatively soon.  At least I hope so.

The other thing I have been doing is exploring the music on Apple Music, but also on Naxos Jazz.  It turns out the Fantasy/Prestige titles, which used to be on eMusic, have ended up on Naxos Jazz.  (Though the titles that are in the public domain in Europe usually end up on some of the other streaming sites.)  Anyway, it truly is like being a kid in a candy store, and I have been listening to quite a lot of music while doing these other things.  (I'm trying not to drive myself crazy trying to listen to everything, as it is impossible.)  I think in the end, I will end up subscribing to Apple Music, though at that point I will have to cancel eMusic.

No comments:

Post a Comment