Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sick Again

This has been a particularly challenging late fall/winter.  I don't know why I have gotten sick again, aside from perhaps being exposed to vast numbers of people at work (more than in my previous job).  Of course, there are times I push myself too hard and don't sleep properly...  Just this past Sunday, I went to see Lear at Harbourfront and was having the most trouble keeping my coughing to a minimum (at scene breaks and so forth).  I had planned to go out again to the TorQ concert, but in the end, just stayed home and tried to get some rest.  That didn't prevent me from waking up in the middle of the night and reading to the end of Mitford's The Pursuit of Love.

I dragged myself to work Monday, but it was pretty evident by the afternoon that I was really sick.  I stayed home Tuesday and did sleep in most of the day.  I feel a little bit better, but still not great.  I think I do need to try to make it to work Wed.  Now whether I really should go see A Delicate Balance at Soulpepper after work is a different matter.  It may already be too late to switch the ticket, but I'll just see how I feel in the morning.

It wasn't all that long ago, last week, that I was thinking how you don't really appreciate it when you are well, and now I have come down with another frigging cold.  So frustrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment