Saturday, August 11, 2018

Last Chances

This is the last weekend of the Inuit exhibit at the AGO.  It must close Sunday.  I managed to get back two more times, including Friday after work.  It was busy but not outrageously crowded.  I took a couple more photos of the images I liked the most, though a few had so much glare that it wasn't worth it.  Here's one I like, though it comes across much better in person.

Tim Pitsiulak, Whale and Hunters, 2014

.
This is also the last weekend for Dusk Dances at Withrow Park.  I think I'll head over Sunday for the matinee performance.  While that isn't particularly dusky, this way I can grab something at Taste of the Danforth if I decide I to.  I haven't actually made up my mind; I'm not a huge fan of Taste of the Danforth, and I suspect the numbers will be up this year from people wanting to show their support.  Obviously, this is also the only weekend to go Taste of the Danforth.

There are only two more chances to see the Driftwood Bus Tour, though all the Toronto dates are over unfortunately.  I wasn't able to go to their preview in Todmorden Mills (it conflicted with Fringe) and then they didn't come to Withrow, so that really dampened my enthusiasm.  According to their schedule, they are in Mississauga tonight and Port Perry tomorrow, and that's a wrap.

There is one week left with Summerworks Festival.  While I am still a bit annoyed at their scheduling, which made it difficult (or in fact impossible) to see two shows, I think I'll see one show tonight and then one Tuesday evening.

Next weekend is the Small World Music Festival at Harbourfront.  I'm just a bit bummed that I didn't pay more attention to that schedule, as I have booked an event on the 17th, which is the same time as a free! concert by Vieux Farka Touré.  Well, you can't do everything after all.

I'll be posting soon on some other upcoming events of interest, but those have a slightly longer timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment