Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Turning a Corner on Winter?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I think today will be the last terrible day of winter.  It warms up a bit for the next two days, though probably still below freezing.  It may well break freezing over the weekend, and it may rain, which could get rid of some snow, though it might also lead to icy sidewalks (which has been my absolute bane this winter -- almost nothing I hate worse than this).  On the positive side, salt has finally turned up again at the local stores.*  Yea!  We have one bag now, and I'll try to pick up a spare tonight on the way back from the gym.

Definitely not out of the woods yet, but even the thought that the worst is over is helping me cheer up (a bit) after an extremely bad extended patch.

* Sadly, it only lasted about two days and is back out of stock.  I definitely should have grabbed a second bag, but we have enough to last through this rump of winter, and I'll get more when it turns up after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment