Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Tale of Two Movies

I've been going back and forth most of the week to decide if I wanted to see After Hours today (New Year's Eve) as well as Bringing Out the Dead tomorrow (on New Year's Day).  This is part of a Martin Scorsese retrospective at TIFF.  If After Hours was at 8 or 8:30 or even 9, I think I would go, but it starts at 9:30.  The movie is slightly longer than 90 minutes, and I think the odds are extremely high that I would be stuck on the TTC at midnight, when I would prefer to be at home (celebrating the New Year with family obviously).  On top of that, I was pretty tired yesterday, so I skipped out on the gym.  My recollection is that while I like many parts of After Hours, it really does overstay its welcome a bit by the end, and I'm quite sure I would feel the same way tonight with one eye on the clock...

So I think I will probably go home at a normal time, probably go off to the gym a bit later and make sure I am home for the countdown.  I'll almost certainly go out to Bringing Out the Dead on Wed.  And I'll just keep my eyes open to see if any of the artsy theatres decides to bring back After Hours in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment