Saturday, December 7, 2019

Hot Ticket (Buffoon and Other Plays)

It's certainly not the end of the world, but perhaps I should have tried harder to get to Buffoon at Tarragon last Wed.  On Friday, I ran up there about an hour before curtain, but the show was sold out.  (They tried to get me to go to Copy That instead, but the reviews have just been brutal, and I had no intention of going.)  Interestingly, there was a movie shoot going on nearby, and it was definitely a drag for me to scoot past it (even on foot) to get to the theatre, and this was before they actually started rolling.  It looked like it would be impossible to get through the intersection by cab or Uber, which will definitely cause problems for most of the Tarragon patrons coming to Buffoon.

Then I thought I would try for the Sunday matinee, but it is sold out tomorrow (and the following Sunday)!  Still, I'm glad I know this now, and I don't waste my time heading over.  I think the most likely time I will make it is next Wed.  I actually am leaving work a bit early for a physio appointment to have my knee looked at.  Then there is a bit of a holiday party thrown by my former manager, and then I'll run up to Tarragon.  I expect I'll probably be able to get a seat for a mid-week performance, but if not, so be it.

Between Riverside and Crazy (at Coal Mine) is another hot property (and probably slightly more deservedly so).  While they have added a couple of shows, most of the shows are sold out.  I decided I was interested enough to go ahead and book a regular ticket, and I managed to get a matinee performance, so I'll be checking that out fairly soon.

Finally, last year A Christmas Carol at the Campbell House Museum was sold out right away.  It was about 80% sold out when I finally got around to booking this year.  Unfortunately, all the matinee performances and even the 7 pm shows are sold out, but I managed to get tickets for myself, my wife and my son for a 9 pm show.  I'm definitely looking forward to that, as I know one of the actors casually and another actor fairly well.  This will likely be the last play I see in 2019, so hopefully it will live up to the buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment