Saturday, February 16, 2019

Best Laid Last-Minute Plans

I am scaling back this weekend, somewhat despite myself.  I still have some set plans, including checking out Elektra at the Canadian Opera Company, and then going to see the Impressionist exhibit at the AGO on Sunday (I've already booked my member tickets).  However, I was thinking of checking out the Rhubarb Festival at Buddies in Bad Times after the opera, but the process just looked so cumbersome (you bought a ticket for the evening, not a specific performance, which might or might not be sold out).  Given that I only wanted to see a specific show (and not even all that much), I finally decided to bail on the whole thing.

Sunday, I was leaning towards checking out Antibalas at the Horseshoe Tavern, but the show was sold out.  I'm pretty sure a day or two ago there were still tickets, but I held off for too long.  C'est la vie.

There is a very small chance that I will take the kids to Fort York on Monday for Family Day events, but I'm pretty sure that won't actually happen.

I suppose I really ought to use the "extra" time to straight up a bit, do some reading and maybe finally get back to the long abandoned quilt I was working on.

Actually, even next week something dropped out of the calendar.  I was looking at Tafelmusik's Tale of Two Cities and thinking that would be an interesting concert that mixes music of the East and West.  Something at the back of my mind was triggered, and I went off and looked through my old emails.  Sure enough, I saw this back in 2016!  While it was a very interesting event, I don't really feel the need to see it twice.  Now I am a little surprised (and disappointed) that the library doesn't have the DVD of the concert.  I may eventually order it, but I'm in no particular hurry.  (I would be far more likely to order the DVD and then donate it to the library if I was sure it would remain in the collection, but it almost certainly would just end up in their annual book sale...)

No comments:

Post a Comment