Friday, February 15, 2019

False Hope?

Today the sun came out for a bit and some ice broke up.  However, for the most part the sidewalks, at least in Riverdale, were still very icy.  In some places the ice is still over an inch thick, and one day of thawing won't do much at all.  I think tomorrow will hover around freezing, and then Sun-Wed. the temperature drops quite a bit.  I suspect we won't actually manage to get these sidewalks cleared in time for them to freeze all over again.  Basically, it really does look like we have another week to go before we see any improvement on the weather front.

So disappointing.

Edit: Indeed coming home was even a bit worse than I feared, and I confronted a long stretch of sidewalk that was nothing but ice and came fairly close to wiping out.  It may dry off slightly over the next week, but there's nothing that suggests it will melt.  I am just so sick of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment