Thursday, September 12, 2019

Closing out Shakespeare

I'm definitely getting closer to seeing all of Shakespeare's plays at least once, though it is true I passed up a chance to see a somewhat distorted version of The Winter's Tale in Withrow Park and then also King John at Stratford.  As I just mentioned in the previous post, I will be checking out Henry VIII in Oct., and now it turns out that Shakepeare Bash'D will be doing Cymbeline in Feb., and I'll want to check that out.  (They are also doing Midsummer's Night's Dream, but I think I pass, as I've just seen this so many times, including this summer and last summer in Withtow Park.)

In early April, Shakespeare Bash'D is doing a staged reading of Ford's Tis Pity She’s a Whore.  I don't think I've seen this, though I could be mistaken.  A staged reading is better than nothing, so I expect I'll go to that.  I did encourage them to do some of the Middleton plays I haven't seen or Jonson's Bartholomew Fair, but no dice so far.  Actually I should see if the UC Follies or one of the other UT dramatic companies* takes this up.  Otherwise, it will be a long wait I fear.


* I did a quick spin around the UT websites, and there isn't too much of interest.  About the only thing I might check out is Jordan Tannahill's Peter Fletcher (UC Follies), and I think I'll be passing on everything else.  Too bad.  Well, as I said before, I will be subscribing to George Brown again, and that usually works out reasonably well.

No comments:

Post a Comment