Monday, September 10, 2018

Fighting Entropy

No question one of the hardest things for me is to put in work on something before it is completely busted.  I think this is mostly because there are so many things around the house that could use a bit of an upgrade -- the gutters, the roof, the dish washer, etc.  I did repair a substantial part of the upper deck, and then I built the garbage bin pen from the wood, but that was the main thing I managed this summer.  (Though in the late spring I repaired the main gate, and then made a repair on a second gate that wasn't quite as successful.) 

I really ought to stain the fence again, but I just don't think I can face that, esp. as we seem to have lost the nice weather.  Maybe next summer...  I will try to dig out the contact info for the roofers and see if I can get them to come out in the next few weeks.  I still need to decide about repairing (or more likely replacing) the air conditioning unit, but I am pretty loathe to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment