Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Frustrating Night

The bad news coming from the States (which I will filter out for the time being) just keeps piling on.  Also, the cancellations keep getting pushed further and further back, so now it looks like the whole summer will be wiped out (I just learned that the Toronto Fringe has thrown in the towel already, along with the Edinburgh Fringe, not that I was going to be heading over to Scotland anytime soon).

As it happens, I was looking forward to seeing an improved murder mystery from the Howland Company.  However, instead of using Zoom like everyone else, they decided to get cute and do this on Instagram Live.  I really hate signing up for things, and I completely draw the line at Facebook, but I went ahead and got an Instagram account.  Then I couldn't see any video or updated posts, so I have no idea what they are actually attempting to do.  So I am going to cross this off my list of things to do and try to finish reading one of the on-line books, which will vanish off my phone fairly soon.

I also had heard it was the super moon tonight -- and we should have been able to see the International Space Station streaking across the sky.  Of course it is raining and still fairly cold out, so even that was a wash-out (literally).  Virtually every time there is supposed to be a meteor shower or a full moon, we have overcast skies, which just sucks.

There are a few bright spots, but most of them are things to look forward to next week and nothing to lift my spirits tonight.  So I think I will just sign off and stew for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment