Thursday, March 29, 2018

Back bad

Just when I think I have turned a corner health-wise -- no cold, no coughs -- my back gave out.  I could hardly move on Tues.  I suspect this is because I fell asleep on the couch, and the couch cushions are in a very bad state -- extremely lumpy and with springs that have sprung their last sprung.  I need to either have them replaced or just buy a new couch.  I've been meaning to for a while, and this should be the spur to action I need.

It does feel quite unfair in that I have been doing stretches and back strengthening exercises, and my core is definitely in better shape from the weights at the gym.  But apparently my back is not impressed...

I can move around better now (and yesterday I even rode my bike to work for the first time of the season), but my back is still very sore.  I went to a very good chiropractor in Chicago for a few times (I actually had to roll out of bed I was in such pain), and then a decent one in Vancouver.  I was hoping not to have to find one in Toronto, but I suppose I shall have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment