Saturday, September 14, 2024

Let Myself Down (Stratford)

I have really been racing to get a lot of (work) things done by the end of the week, and I just didn't manage to get through a few things, with getting a briefing deck pulled together being the biggest failing.  It did not help that I kept getting pulled into virtual meetings and was multitasking like mad.  

At any rate, as sort of a last minute check. I went and looked at the Stratford website, and there was a bus ticket available for Sat.  I should have just booked then, but of course I got pulled into an in person meeting that was supposed to last 60 minutes and lasted 90 minutes instead and ran well past closing time.  Then I ran down to Union to catch the GO Train to Bloor and went over to MOCA for Free Friday.  The new exhibits are open, and I'd say this is one of the more interesting shows.  It's still not my favourite show at MOCA, which was New Alphabet from last year, but it was good.  Not sure I'd go twice, but I guess you never know.

Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas, Daalkaatlii Diaries, 2024
Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas, Daalkaatlii Diaries, 2024

Tishan Hsu, Bloody Mary, 1983

Tishan Hsu, Interface Remix, 2002

On the way back home, I just missed the bus (and thus the free transfer window).  I had to pick up some last-minute groceries, so I got them on Bloor instead of closer to home, which meant a fairly long walk down Pape with a bunch of groceries.  I got home and just crashed.  I woke up at 4 am, all ready to try to book my tickets, but the bus option is completely unavailable.  I suspect it's not even that someone scooped up the available seat, though that may have happened, but there is some timed cut-off to get onto the bus list for the next day, and I missed that.  I'm kind of pissed off about this.  But at the same time, I think it's a combination of being really worn out, and then also feeling subconsciously that I don't deserve to go with unfinished work that really prevented me from booking this trip today.  And I suppose I wasn't thrilled that I would need to try to set up the printer to print off the bus tickets, but I could have coped with that...  I haven't decided yet if I will go to see Something Rotten on its own some other day, as it was extended for several weeks, but Get That Hope is now off the table.  I wonder if it will transfer to Soulpepper or Mirvish will pick it up.

Given that my entire schedule is shot, I think I'll go back to bed, sleep as long as I want, and go to the gym when I wake up.  Then I will just see if I can finally get caught up on work (and just possibly some reading) over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment