Tuesday, May 3, 2016

No sword over me

I just reported on being done with two academic projects, which is such a huge relief.  It was so strange waking up and not feeling like I had an overwhelming mass of work hanging over my head.* That's not to say there aren't looming deadlines at work, but they just don't feel as crushing as the ones at my last job.  And I have plenty of tasks around the house, not even including some sewing that I am hoping to take up.  Nonetheless, it was so nice feeling that my time was my own this morning, even if only for a few hours.

In terms of things I will try to spend my new found free time on, this might include:
  • more time at home with the kids (possibly even starting up our Vancouver tradition of watching an episode of Get Smart nightly), 
  • breaking out the sewing machine
  • working on my full-length plays, which now means juggling 4 or even 5 of them!
  • sorting through boxes of stuff in the basement
  • fixing a hole in the fence that the raccoons are exploiting
  • working on an art safari website (details to follow)
  • watching the movies that I stash over by the DVD player
  • heading over to the gym from time to time
  • studying French (partly for my own benefit but also to help with the kids' homework)
  • deciding if I truly will try to co-produce Stupid F***ing Bird here in TO

I'm sure there are a few things I have forgotten, but that certainly seems more than enough to keep me busy but it might not feel so busy if these aren't formal obligations.


* I don't think I should count having to complete the Census as an overwhelming burden, but it is droll that it showed up yesterday.  It's mandatory again, folks ...


No comments:

Post a Comment