Friday, October 12, 2018

Beckett news

There is some breaking news that I neglected to include in my preview post.  I neglected to mention that Video Cabaret is remounting Krapp's Last Tape.  This runs through Oct. 21.  Tickets available here.

While Video Cab is recovering from their last foray into the History plays, they probably will return to them in a year or two.  Can hardly wait for that.

They will also do a rewrite of The Changeling, removing it from its insane asylum setting.  Not sure I would go to that much trouble, and I'll be skipping this (I saw the full play at Stratford last season), but it might be of interest to some.

What really caught my eye is that in Nov. they are going to be doing a studio version of Happy Days.  I assume they mean a staged reading, but hard to say.  I'll fill in more details as they become available, but this was pretty exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment