Sunday, October 7, 2018

Nerve Damage?

In general, my recovery is going along ok.  I had my stitches out on Sat., and the last really ugly crust came off of my face.  Most of the scars look like they'll heal up ok, aside from a deep cut on the bridge of my nose.  Some days I still sleep pretty late, but I don't think I am in a perpetual fog or anything like that.

What I am concerned about is the general weakness in my hands.  My tendons seem to have been damaged and, who knows, there might be some deeper nerve damage.  I knew I couldn't do very much at the gym, aside from my leg squats and some stationary biking.  But even trying to press the buttons to change the weight settings was painful and just too much.  That seems like a bad sign...  I think I'll hold off another week or so and then go back to the clinic for further advice if things aren't improving.

I was a bit surprised that I had actually lost weight (another 5 pounds), though some of it might be muscle mass that I don't want to be losing.  Anyway, I'll just have to try to take it easy and see how I feel in another couple of weeks.  I can type at any rate, so I guess all is not lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment