Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Competing Events

Just quite a bit going on this week.

For quite a while I had been planning on trying to get rush tickets tonight to see Copenhagen over at Soulpepper.  I decided on the basis of the casting that I ought to check this out.  Now next week they are just as likely to have rush tickets, but I would generally prefer to go sooner rather than later.

But it turns out that Terry Gilliam's much, much delayed film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is opening in Toronto.  But it is only going to have 3 showings - 2 tonight and 1 tomorrow!  There is a chance that it will get a slightly extended run or will move over to the TIFF Lightbox (to say nothing of Netflix or another streaming site).  The reviews have been mixed, but I think I'd still like to see it.  Probably it would make more sense to try to catch it tonight and see Copenhagen tomorrow, but I actually biked today, and the overall pattern works much better if I go to the Distillery to see Copenhagen.  Plus it is fairly likely to rain tomorrow, so I'd be on transit anyway.

In fact, it is a fairly late showing on Thurs (9:30), so if the weather does improve a bit, I could actually bike to and from work and then take the TTC back to Yonge-Dundas Square to catch the film.  I guess that is the way I am leaning, though I do wish Don Quixote had a more typical release.  If I recall The Zero Theorem had some crazy one-day release as well, though I did make it to that.

If I am not completely sick of films and rearranging my schedule, there is small chance I would go to TIFF Lightbox on Friday to check out Jean Vigo's Zéro de conduite.  I don't think I've ever seen it.

Anyway, definitely a lot going on so a lot to choose from.  (Good thing that I actually am done with the taxes, the US ones at any rate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment