Tuesday, April 23, 2019

The Search for the Hidden Banksy

While I was sorry I didn't make it out to the unauthorized Banksy exhibit in Toronto, I thought the ticket prices were just too high.  Thus, I was pretty interested when I read in the paper that there was a Banksy that was going to be installed in the Path system somewhere south of Union Station.  It wasn't the highest item on my agenda, but I was keeping an eye out for it.

I finally stumbled across it last week.  What perhaps threw me off a bit is that south of Union Station most of the Path is elevated, which means it skirts the stage/arena area inside the ACC and then crosses over Lake Shore Blvd.

In any event, the Banksy is in this elevated portion of the Path, fairly close to the Winners, which itself only opened fairly recently, about halfway between 20 Bay St. and the ACC.  It's a pretty nice piece (cop with balloon dog), protected under Plexiglass so no one tries to mess with it.  It's also a pretty solid piece, so I don't think anyone will try to make off with it.



I don't head over that way all that often, but I will make a point of checking it out when I am in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment