Sunday, June 17, 2018

Shirts

Recently, I had to go through a elaborate order for t-shirts for a staff event.  The men's t-shirts were easy, but the women's ran very small, and definitely some are too tight, leading to some hard feelings. I mention this because I spent a chunk of this weekend going through my closet seeing if I could wear some older shirts I set aside when I got so incredibly fat.  I think I may have been feeling a bit too optimistic at the start, and by the end, I definitely had some bruised feelings...

Anyway, it looks like there are three shirts I can definitely bring back into general circulation, though one will need a button sewn on.  There are probably another 3 or 4 that I may be able to wear by the end of the summer, if I keep to my regime.  Then there are a bunch that I may need to lose a huge amount of weight and may just be out of reach.  I have to admit that I was pretty upset about these shirts, even when I bought them.  I mean how can you sell an XL shirt that doesn't have any room around the midriff?  Seriously?  I actually stopped going to that store, since the sizes all seemed out of wack.

I am doing better on the jeans front.  I have gotten down two sizes and a bunch of belt notches.  I mean there is still a bit too much of a muffin top, but it's not so bad.  I have about three weeks to go before Fringe, and the goal is to fit these jeans a bit better.  I'm trying not to obsess over the weight, but it is frustrating in the sense that even just a few years back, this much exercise and cutting out junk food would have led to more immediate results.  This time around, I lost 10 pounds almost immediately, then plateaued for the longest time.  I have finally locked in 20 pounds lost and have hit 25 pounds on the scale once, but that doesn't feel entirely stable just yet.  Maybe in another week or so.  I'm just about ready to try adding another form of exercise into my routines, either swimming or even jogging, though I definitely need better shoes for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment