I didn't go far from home on Sunday (partly because the weather forecast was for huge thunderstorms that never arrived). I did a bit of reading and straightening up, and then spent the rest of the time on the quilt.
I stitched row #2 (short-ways). It generally takes a bit less than an hour. The first two laid out look like this.
This is definitely going to be a massive quilt (and I actually scaled it down just a bit!). I haven't quite decided when to start sewing the rows together. Maybe when I have five or six of the rows ready. I'll definitely need to iron the seams first though. I'm just trying to visualize how I'm actually going to sew this. Probably adding one at a time and then sort of rolling up the rest is the best approach.
Towards the end of the day, I did the cutting for rows 3 and 4 and even a bit of row 5. Starting to look pretty good!
I should have enough material for all the squares I need for this quilt, but the material probably won't stretch to another quilt. So maybe I'll end up back at Fabricland after all (or the fabric store in Stratford, since I have an hour or two between the shows on my visit in mid July).
But one thing at a time. My goal is to have the top all sewn by the end of summer, and I'd say I am on track for that.