Friday, July 20, 2018

Missed opportunities (the cat)

As anyone taking a casual glance at the blog knows, I have been very preoccupied with Fringe.  That said, I did manage to get to the big art fair at Nathan Phillips Square (more on that soon).  And in the evenings, I did some internet browsing.

I stumbled across a site with kittens and cats for adoption.  I was so drawn to one that looked almost exactly like my first cat, and apparently had many of the same characteristics.  She was calling to me...  As I said, I was fairly busy, and I was also slowly softening my wife's opposition, since she has never been a big cat person.  Perhaps I should have at least emailed the site.  But when I went back yesterday, she had already been adopted.  So sad.  The others just didn't do as much for me, and one or two clearly had behavioural issues.

What I will have to do, in order to move more quickly the next time, is make a real effort to clear out the space in the office where a litter box would go.  I have to clean up the basement too, but in some ways this is a bit less daunting.  Then perhaps I can get more serious about cat hunting this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment