Monday, April 3, 2017

Construction Time Again

Many cities in North America are undergoing redevelopment, but there are few that seem to be growing quite as much as Toronto.

Roughly two years ago, I posted this shot of a building being torn down at Dundas and River.  I think the shot came out well, and I particularly liked the somewhat random colours that some of the tenants had used on their walls.  It did look a bit like a doll house with the cover off.


Some of the other parts of Regents Park have developed more quickly, particularly the Aquatics Centre.  They have made progress on the athletic fields, and now on the spot that this building was torn down, a new building is rising.

I was biking back from work (and fighting against the wind) when I decided I ought to capture some of these changes.

Looking north to site where previous building had been demolished

Looking west over athletic field towards downtown


At this rate, they may actually be ready for occupancy by the end of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment